At Vertical Construction Group, we take a design-build approach to remodeling and new construction, meaning that we handle both the design and the construction of your project.
Advantages of a Design-Build Approach
The design-build approach to construction is quickly growing in popularity. Why? Streamlined project delivery.
With a traditional approach to construction, you must handle two distinct contracts with the designer and the contractor, who in turn may employ sub-consultants or subcontractors. The design-build approach, on the other hand, allows you to work with a single point of contact. As a result, you can expect:
- Simpler Communication: There’s no need to facilitate the back-and-forth between your designer and contractor, and less chance of miscommunications and confusion.
- Superior Quality: Working together from the beginning leads to better problem-solving and innovation.
- Efficiency: Coordinated work means no delays due to conflicting schedules, misunderstandings, or surprises.
- Cost Savings: A more efficient project is a more affordable project. Plus, you can change design details during construction without processing change orders or incurring fees.
- Accountability: The design-builder is responsible for the success of the entire project, including the timeline, performance, and costs.
- We perform an initial job walk through to come up with a rough order of magnitude (ROM) estimate — an estimate of how much work a project will take and how much it will cost.
- If the estimate comes in within 20% of your budget, we’ll move into a pre-construction services contract. This contract involves an allotment of hours to work with our designer to further build out your vision for your project, as well as engineering, subcontractor job walks, permitting, and material selection with our vendors.
- After pre-construction work is complete, we’re able to provide you with a formal estimate.
- If the estimate remains within your budget and you’d like to move forward, the construction contract begins and a production manager takes over your project. While your project design should be finalized by this point, our designer is still available to meet with you on a per-hour basis.
Request a Quote